Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Just For Today

Thanks to a Facebook friend for reminding me of my own words from a year ago. Health challenges keep me focused on the present moment. Writing comes in small pieces, like the ones mentioned here. Old friends come to visit. I am so grateful for the day. These words are just for today. Just for this moment, this slow inhale. . . this soft exhale They are bits of green sunlight filtered through leaves Small shadows moving across the grass They are not for posterity They do not promise prosperity They do not pretend to be other than what they are: The way I get through The way I taste joy, bear sorrow, and feed hope The way I remember that each moment is holy These words are just for today ~Oriah "Mountain Dreamer" House (c) 2017 Deep thanks to Karen Davis at Open Door Dreaming for this photo. Somehow this little guy and his shadow just felt in sync with my words.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Oriah,
    Poems have never interested me before but when the Deputy governor of India recited The Invitation on the podium it intrigued me very much.I couldn't stop obsessing about it and therefore decided to write to you.
    Your beautiful poems always reminds what truly matters in life. So thank you for writing.

    Love,
    Riti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple - beautiful- just be(ing)

    ReplyDelete