Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Longing that Guides

When I was young desires quickly became goals and then strategies. Nothing wrong with that, but goals can easily slide into the tightness of craving that cultivates a strong attachment to outcomes we often cannot control. I still have faith in my/our deepest longing but now I cherish the longing itself, as a guide to what matters most, that which lets me know I am deeply and fully alive. When soul longing is strong I smile and mutter to myself, "Ha! Apparently not dead yet." :-) Reminds me of a line from Rumi's poem "Love Dogs" - “This longing you express is the return message.” Soul longing is the voice of the Divine within us. ~Oriah

Beautiful photo from Karen Davis at Open Door Dreaming. Soul longing is, for me, like the expansiveness of a wide open sky​ that welcomes life and makes room for love.


2 comments:

  1. This is such an important message, encouraging opening to longing for the lovliness of that experience in and of itself. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete