Wednesday, September 5, 2018

The Magic of Stillness

Sometimes when I am quiet enough, when I have let all my seeking and trying come to stillness like small children who have played hard all day and now tumble down to the ground around me finding sweet rest,

sometimes in those moments, I feel a spaciousness that is both what I am and that Sacred Mystery which is larger.

In those moments, living with a heart open to all of it, loving myself and each other and the world as we are right now, feels surprisingly possible and magnificently healing. ~Oriah

With gratitude to Karen Davis for this photo from Open Door Dreaming


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the reminder to stop trying so hard and exhausting myself. Big Hugs and lotsa Love, Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabine, constant trying can be so depleting without us even realizing it. So glad you can take a breath with me. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your poetic beauty. Each time I read one of your posts - I ask myself to pause and let you know how deeply I appreciate your words. I usually don’t. Today I am. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad Elizabeth. I have to be reminded also. :)

      Delete